Yves Hilpisch studied Business Administration and received his Ph.D. in Mathematical Finance which led him into the quant world. He worked as a financial consultant where he started using Python programming for computational finance.
Yves authored different books about Python and Finance and is the Founder/CEO of The Python Quants Group.
In the show you’ll discover:
- Why Python is good for finance and why it is the most preferred programming language
- The most widely used package for data analysis
- How you can start learning and applying Python to your trading
- The minimum time you should invest to develop your first automated trading system
- The biggest area you might struggle with when you automate your trades
- Good advice if you want to automate your trading strategy
- Understanding the beauty of machine learning and how you can benefit from it
- How machine learning can help you with your backtesting
- Simple approach to creating your first machine learning algorithm
- The reasons why typical machine learning works well using big data sets
- Different kinds of data sets you can use and you should be aware of