Ernie Chan is an algorithmic/quant trader from Niagara Falls, Canada. Ernie, started his trading journey while working at investment banks and hedge funds where, as a Quant, his role was to develop profitable automated trading strategies. Ernie soon realized he was better off trading for himself rather than an institution.
He now runs QTS Capital Management where he works with a small team who research and create algorithmic trading strategies they run on behalf of their hedge fund and managed accounts.
In the show Ernie reveals:
- Where he gets his strategy ideas from
- How he trades without ever looking at a price chart
- Why he’s not into High Frequency Trading (HFT) just yet
- The best way to learn new trading techniques
- Some “Mean reverting” strategy ideas