How To Create Profitable Mechanical Trading Systems 1hr 12mins
Learn, step-by-step, how you create profitable trading systems. Art Collins walks you through the 7 stages of system developement. Plus, take home the full mechanical strategy, including TradeStation code.
- The human trait that drives most traders to fail
- 6 lessons on a traders psychological pitfalls
- Why mechanical trading works
- How to come up with system ideas
- How to determine the best markets to test your ideas on
- The ideal amount of data to test over
- How to avoid curve fitting your system
- What two trading styles your strategy should include
- Where you should place your buy and sell trades in relation to price
- What’s the best calculation to base a systems success on
- What happens when you optimize an already profitable system
- Understand the test results you should avoid and why
- 4 ways to improve the robustness of your system
- Other important factors to consider when optimizing a system
- Learn the exact rules of this 100% accurate system
- Understand why it works and why it’s a BAD idea to trade
- See how your new optimization rules would stop you from using this system
- Learn the process for selecting a strategies settings
- Learn the final test you should carry out to before thinking about going live
- Learn how to optimize for money management stops
- Learn how much capital you should budger for a system
- Understand the winning system created during the course
- 4 takeaways to remind you of what you’ve learnt
Download the exact TradeStation Code of the Dual Average system, along with Art’s “Simple English” explanation of the strategy he created during the course.
Art is an ex Pit Trader and has been a Chicago Board of Trade member for the past 30 years. He’s also a lecturer and author on trading system development.
Art’s a mechanical trader who’s systems have been proven successful over the past 10 years.